Youth Speak Collective programs have an incredible impact on the young people they serve, their families, and their community. Every year our team is determined to strengthen, evaluate and create a deeper impact for our programs in our community. The statistics below are from some of our past program evaluations.
- 90% of students ages 11 to 19 enrolled in afterschool programs reporting raising their scholastic achievement.
- 87% of students reported raising their grades in one or more class.
- 75% reported feeling more confident in their academic performance.
- The 2 public high schools in and around Pacoima have a drop out rate of 51%.
- In comparison, 95% of Youth Speak seniors complete their high school requirements and graduate with their class.
- More than 3,000 hours of community service have been contributed to community projects by Youth Speak students and their families.
- Through Project Youth Green, 4 square acres of public land has been cultivated into a community garden.
- In 2009, LA84 Foundation and Nike built a new Futsal court for Futbolito Pacoima valued at $250,000.
- In 2006, Youth Speak students and volunteers developed Proyecto Kawazoe a Japanese styled drought tolerant pocket park in Pacoima.
- In 2009, the Creative Tech Center was developed with key funding from the Pacoima Neighborhood Council.
- Since 2010, our Visual Arts students have created nine murals in the community and hosted seven art shows.
- Opening in 2013, YSC along with partners the Los Angeles Neighborhood Land Trust, Pacoima Beautiful and the City of Los Angeles will open another pocket park and mural located near San Fernando High School
- Youth Speak has provided jobs and internship opportunities to over 100 students since 2010.
- 56% of students participating in our programs report that Youth Speak had a direct impact in their finding a job out of high school.
- 78% of students reported having higher self-esteem and self-confidence after participating in a Youth Speak program.